Friday, January 21, 2011

Friday FaVes- a book, some recipes and a decorating Blog

Sharing with you some Friday Faves! Happy Weekend Everyone!
My dad gave all of us  this book for Christmas. Its one of those books that is life-changing. It is easy to read and so convicting!
These Cream Cheese Squares are so good and easy! Adding a little bit of cinnamon and sugar to the top would make these even better for my sugar-lovin' boys!
Twirly Whirly Pizza Roll-Ups. This is one of those recipes that you might want to wait until your husband is out of town! Or if your lucky like me and have a husband who LOVES pizza, then this kid-friendly recipe is for you. Look for the recipe here on one of my favorite blogs.
cover feature young house love on the nest magazine
Looking for another Decorating Blog to read? Hop on over to Young House Love! I really love how they take older houses and remodel them. View their first makeover-home here!
Myron and I love to have Mexican on most Saturday Nights.  Its just a great time to have chips/dips, quesadillas, and try out a new mexican recipe while watching football the boys play!  This dip, "Paula Deen's Touchdown Taco Dip", is so awesome! My aunt first made it and we love it! ---its super easy,too! (We do NOt add all of the extra ingredients in the pic to our dip--so don't let that scare you off!)

Ingredients:
1 8oz cream cheese
1 pack of taco seasoning
Cheese (enough to cover the top)
1 Can of Refried Beans
1 4oz sour cream (optional)
Little bit of Salsa (optional)
Tomatoes (optional)
Whatever else you want to add

  • Pre-heat oven to 350
  • Spray a casserole dish with Pam
  • Mix cream cheese and taco seasoning
  • Add sour cream (optional)
  • Pour this mixture into bottom of pan
  • add beans
  • add salsa
  • add cheese
  • add other toppings
  • cook in oven for 20 minutes or until everything is melted.
  • did I miss something, Aunt Kristi?
Awesome recipe- easy, cheap and so good!

One of my new Mexican Recipes (that I will share soon) is from my newly-wed sis, Jen. She has been cooking up a storm and lets me know when she finds a good recipe. This one is a keeper.
Doesn't it look good! Its not your typical "mexican" taste--so comforting and good!!
Look for it soon---
Easy Creamy Cheesy Chicken enChiladas. (I've made it twice in 2 weeks, it was that good and my boys loved it!)

1 comment:

  1. So, what's the recipe for the Easy Creamy Cheesy Chicken EnChiladas?? :) I don't see it on here....am I missing it?

    ReplyDelete