Friday, November 19, 2010

Julie's Favorite Things Friday

I love to read blogs. All kinds of blogs about many different subjects.....parenting, decorating, money-saving, family-life. To me, its like reading a few good mini-books before I go to bed. I have learned so many different ideas and so many new crafts and projects that I can't wait to attempt! When I see something I like, I usually just add it to my "favorites bar". Well, I have decided that every Friday I will begin a series on my blog called "Julie's Favorite Things Friday." I will share links and pictures of some of my "favorite things" that I have read in "blogland" that week or maybe just some products or ideas that friends share with me that have become a fave.

By the way, I really don't watch Oprah, but I did see on a preview that she is going to be doing her BEST "Oprah's Favorite Things" episode EVER because this is her last season. In the previews it showed people hysterically crying and acting Wild over whatever her give-aways were--I might just have to tune in to see what that's all about. Anyway.

Without further delay...and because I know you are just on the edge of your seats (insert sarcasm here)- Here is my First list for "Julie's Favorite Thing's Fridays" .......
   Picture of Creamy Macaroni and Cheese Recipe
1. Paula Deen's Crock Pot Macaroni-N-Cheese  recipe. Let me just stop here and say that usually when you see the name "Paula Deen" in front of a recipe you know 2 things: 1. Its gonna be really fattening. 2. It's gonna be incredibly good.  Looking for a new side to add to your Thanksgiving Feast? Add this one. Your family will thank you!
2. Love Southern Savers!! This is my go-to for all money-saving needs. Restaurants, grocery stores, department stores, gift ideas- go here and Jenny from "Southern Savers" will usually have just what you need for a fraction of the price. My sister, Jennifer, and I will normally call each other every day to talk about the deals that are going on--whether it be in stores or online. Need some extra money for some crafts or furniture makeovers? Go here and I will be shocked if you can't find one way to save you some money that week!

3. The Nester. If you love to read blogs about decorating, then I know that you recognize this blog just by the picture of her living room. This lady is a genius. Always decorates so gorgeous and simple- yet her ideas are always budget-friendly. Are you new to reading blogs about decorating? Follow "The Nester"- you won't be disappointed!
4. Scarves. Who doesn't love a scarf. I will be the first to admit that I have no clue what is "in-style" or whats the "new thing". Its just not all that important to me anymore. However, I do like to buy some things that are classic. As far as I know, I'm pretty sure that scarves are still in-style?!? (right, sis?) Anyway, favorite place to buy them? Target. For 10 bucks (maybe a lil more or less) you can get you a great scarf that will make any outfit go from dull to sassy. A few tips from my Sis (she told them to me when I wore this type. Gotta love in-style-younger-sisters)- 1. Don't wear them too tight around your neck. 2. Don't buy them too skinny and short. Yes, I violated both of those.  
5. Pink Fresh and Clean Lotion and Body Spray. I'm a very picky perfume kinda girl. I can't handle just any fragrance and I rarely buy anything other than this great fragrance from Victoria Secret. If you are like me, and can't handle strong perfumes, You will definitely want to add this to your Christmas List. You will love the smell and the price!
Would love to keep going, but I need to go finish the last load of laundry to bed! Would love to read about some of your favorite things in the comments! I am linking up to this Favorite thing's Party!

14 comments:

  1. I've never heard of Southern Savers, but I'm going straight there from here! Thanks for sharing that! And I have never, ever heard of crockpot macaroni and cheese, but what a great idea!

    I stopped by from Melissa's party. It's nice to meet you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That mac 'n' cheese recipe looks fabulous - thanks for sharing! I'm with you on the stylish younger sister - I can't tell you how many times I've called her from a clothing store to ask if something was trendy or not! haha I'm learning to embrace my own style more and more....but she definitely lets me know if I'm wearing something she doesn't approve of! haha

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just browsed through your blog and I think you have some great ideas! I'm a new follower now - whoo hoo for double digits! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello, Julie! I love Southern Savers~their grocery lists are the best. I'm going to have to try Miss Paula's mac and cheese~it looks divine! Thanks for joining us today!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Scarves, they just go with EVERYTHING!! And yes much love to the Nester & Paula Deen... honest to goodness I haven't made a dish I didn't like from Ms. Deen!

    I'm excited for your Favorite Things Friday... good for you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, and one more thing... your bloggy tag line is adorable! Its amazing what you can do with a handful of pennies, no?

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a fun list - I had a great time reading it. Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a neat list! I'm bookmarking the mac and cheese recipe, and off to check out Southern Savers.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh my goodness, that mac and cheese looks delish! Going to check out Southern Savers, too.
    Visiting from Melissa's party.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hey, I'm stopping by from Melissa's party. I have made that mac n cheese recipe before and it is soooo good! :) Great list! Feel free to stop my my blog as well!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm a super big fan of the Nester as well, and I have marked this mac and cheese-I think your right-my kids will thank me :) Looking forward to visiting your blog again. Thanks for sharing your favorite things.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh! I almost added scarves to my list too! I love them, best accessory ever.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Julie~I found your blog from 320 Sycamore. I am going to check out the mac-n-cheese and maybe add it to my food blog. You can check out my family one at www.westerhold.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love love love the lotion and the mac and cheese, Yum

    ReplyDelete