Wednesday, November 24, 2010

The Perfect Kitchen Desk Chair- Before and After

Swivel Desk Chair, Antique White

So, I was on the hunt for something similar to this PB chair. But who in their right mind would pay $399 for this chair- not to mention $29.00 just for the cushion!
When I spotted this chair in Goodwill sitting right in the front of the store, I actually walked right past her. I was thinking she was probably priced too high (usually the furniture right in front is always priced high)- so I kept walking. As I walked out of the store, I decided to check the price tag.
I thought she might be perfect for my desk space in my kitchen because of her wheels.....but I just wasn't sold. However, when I saw her 4.97 price tag- I snatched her up as quickly as possible.
                      
 As soon as I got her home, I couldn't wait to spray her down with my Fave- Krylon in Satin Black. I could just see what she could become. After that dried- and a few touch-ups- I used my Krylon Gloss Protective Enamel in Clear. And within a few hours she was sitting right where she belonged.

 As soon as I placed her at my desk, I thought it was the perfect fit.
No, it is not exactly like the PB chair- but I like mine better because of her great price. She still has the wheels (which is so handy on my tile floors) and she is so pretty in black!
 Makes this area look so much more inviting and completed. And my number one critic (aka as hubs) loved it. He actually Thanked me for getting it and spending the time to shop for good deals! Now that's what makes this handful-of-penny makeover a success!

Now off to buy some supplies to make some Christmas crafts at my mom's for thanksgiving!  I am so thankful for the Family that God has given Myron and I- and I hope you have a wonderful thanksgiving spending time with yours! Happy Thanksgiving!

Joining up with some of these great parties!

2 comments:

  1. I think this chair is so much better than the PB one ~ much more character! Great job! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. i agree with kim- much more character, and i love the wheels! fabulous! it looks perfect in your kitchen nook.

    ReplyDelete