Sunday, November 21, 2010

Sew Much Going On in My cRaZy Nest!

Sew, I have been sewing like something crazy this past week. I'm a moody kind of sewer- by that I mean that my Sewing frenzies come and go like moods do. Some days sewing is the LAST thing I would ever want to do- and some days I can't keep myself out of my sewing room. My boys have Loved the fact that I was in one of "those" moods this week. I have found them grazing in my pantry with goldfish and oreos all over the floor. Yes, they love it when I get in my sewing mood.

A friend of mine, asked me to make a cute cheerleader outfit for her 9 week old granddaughter- so this is what I came up with. It was alot of fun to sew for a little girl!!
I made the bows removable by sewing snaps on the pants and the bow.
If I posted a how-to on this outfit it would go something like this. "Sew it this way, No that's not right, tear it out- cut it off, ok sew it this way-"- Oh well, you get the picture. Didn't have a pattern to go by (or measurements!) but after many days hours of figuring it out- it turned out to fit her just perfect. (thank goodness!) I think it will be alot easier next time around now that I have a pattern!
I found two that show her outfit somewhat, but I was really trying to get her & didn't get her outfit that much... Sorry....  I'll send them both.  I think I'll have to do it separate...
I will say that I sewed my first "Pillowcase Dress" by watching a tutorial similar to this one by Mind Bites. I am so sure you could find how to do this all over the Internet without paying 99 cents-(I think its actually 1.98 now!!) but it was worth it to me. If anyone is interested in a tutorial- comment and let me know. I will be working on some this week! They are SO very easy! 
Maybe I can get some better pics at Thanksgiving! My camera was missing=(
The Pattern I used for this Longall came from Simplicity. Honestly, I no longer use a pattern. I just get out a Longall that fits him and go by that. I love longalls and shortalls on lil boys- but honestly, I can't afford the 50-75 dollar price tag from children boutique shops! So, I attempt to make them!
If you have a secret to get them to look at the camera at the same time, please let me know!
I really enjoy making them seasonal outfits that match. I usually order the appliques from this etsy shop. She is great to work with and is so cheap! These appliques would be so cute on a white t-shirt with jeans if you don't sew!
 Here are a few more shortalls that I have made for the boys. They definitely aren't perfect- but I am learning! I used the same Pattern for the Longalls pictured above- Simplicity
 Evan was 1 1/2 here!
I definitely am not the professional seamstress! I am just a normal mom trying to learn fun and creative ways to make clothes for my boys and for a few others!

Linking up to some of these great parties! Can't wait to see what others have "whipped" up on this Monday!

Check back later on this week- I have several Pennywise Christmas Projects coming up!

3 comments:

  1. Soooo adorable1 I love the cheerleader outfit. Cutest thing ever!! Love your blog...have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Karen- hope you have a great week, too!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Julie, I've been so inspired by all your posts! I got the target pajama deal for $2!! Keep up the posts, I've never been a sewer(or whatever the term is), but I can't wait to start!

    ReplyDelete